Skillshare Autodesk Inventor 2020-21 Sheet Metal-SkilledHares
Hello. In this course we will focus on the basics of Inventor and instead of just looking at different tools, we will partly model an engine and at the same time, we will look at as many tools as possible. That way, you will see and use the tools in action and hopefully, understand the logic of Inventor better with this approach.
Skillshare Autodesk Inventor 2020-21 Sheet Metal-SkilledHares
1. Main Intro: Hello. In this course, we will focus on the basics of inventor. And instead of just looking at different toads were partially modeled in ancient. And at the same time, we will look at as many tools as possible. This way, you will see and use tools in action. And hopefully this will help you to understand the logic of inventory easier. With this approach.
2. Overview Intro: Hi. Before we start creating drawings or models in a renter, we will look at the homepage of inventor, how to set up our default template. We will look at the file types inventory is using how to start a new file, how to open a file, an inventor, how to select the correct project file you would like to work on. And whole inventory is organized.
3. Home Page: Let's have a look at the inventor homepage. We have three main tired. You have the new tile, the projectile, and the reason document type. Whenever you start Inventor, it will always show you this homepage. You can turn it off if you want, but usually you'd leave it open. So have a look at the new type, the new tile. You can click on one of these buttons which would start a new part file on that new assembly for you. You can see we have like four different times for different buttons here. You can choose.
You can start part file and sampling the drawing or presentation. You will get into this a bit later. What each one is four. Now when you click on the small arrow on the bottom right, it will jump over to the advanced templates. And then here you can see which templates inventory is using and whichever what's you have available. For example, we have the English which is the impurity or templates. We have metro templates. There's one volt design templates. And whenever you do change this on your templates, it saves a backup in the old Templates folder. And underneath we see the default template.
These are templates inventory is using when you click on one of these buttons here. If you would like to change the default templates, right now, I have them set to millimeters. By default, there is set to interests. So if you would like to change it, you can click on this gear icon on the top right. Or when you go back to the basic tab, you have the gear icon on this bar for the Advance tab. Once you click on it, it will open up a new window, the configured T4 templates folder or window.
Or you can define if this one is the interests or if you would like to have it in millimeters and whatever unit you would like to use. Let's change this 12 millimeters and to ANSI-C. And once you have a changed, you click OK and inventory will give you a warning that it will replace the default templates. So once you click on overwrite, inventor will override these templates here with the whatever selection you have. And then every time you click on one of these buttons here to start, for example, a new part five. It uses the template for the millimeters, in this case from metric. Now on the right side, we have the project and hear invented shows you what projects you are connected to right now.
By default, you have the default project and the inventor electrical project. In some cases it does not install the electrical project. And some cases it does. So basically in here it will show you what projects you will have access to. And if you would like to change, the project, would like to work on the electrical project, for example, you would select the electrical project. If you would like to work on the default, you click on the checkbox for default. We will have a look into how to create your own project a bit later and go deeper into this one.
And on the bottom you have another tile for a recent documents. And here you will see all the documents you previously opened or worked on. And on the left side you have some options so you can filter out what you would like to see if you want to see all files or only a sampling IS drawings. And you can sort it by date and so on. So you have some options to filter and sort what you can see in the recent documents. On the top right, you can you have three options. You can flip it around to half the recent documents on the top or on the bottom. On the Maximize recent. That would maximize the risk documents. Once you click on it, it maximizes to the recent documents at the top, the new time, a new tile on the bottom left and the projectile on the bone right. And in case you just want to go back, click on reset and assert reset it back to the default.
4. File Types: Inventory is using four different file types. We have the part file, which is using the IPAT extension. This is basically where you would create your sketches, your exclusions, and where you would design a part. Then we have the assembly, which is using the extension IAM and assembly. This is where you would put together your parts and create an assembly. And then we have the drawing file. This one is using the extension DW, G and I DW. There are 22 versions at depends on the company. You work on. Some companies which use inventor for quite some time. They usually use ID W. This is in what inventors started with. But at some point they introduced DW G, which is basically the same. We have the same options and you can do the same thing as in the ID W, just with the benefit that you can open this file in order cat. So new companies or companies which are starting now to use inventor, they usually go with the DW G. And the DW G. The drawing file is basically where you would create your drawing. And then we'll have the presentation file, which is using the extension IPN. And in the presentation file, this is where you would create your animation or Presentation Views for your parts or you're assembling.
5. New, Open, and Projects: Okay, let's have a look at how to create a new file. How to open up a file, or hot change to project. There are multiple ways on creating a new file. The first one is by click on the new tile and selecting one of these five types. If you click on the part file type, it would start a new part file and you could start modelling. So you can select one of these buttons here to start a new file. And you go to the advanced tire, you have the option to pick which template, which exact templates you would like to use for the new file. Now the option is to start a new file is we go on to the ribbon, you click on the drop-down for new. You can click on new, or when it says New here you can just click on new.
Edge will open up new window where you can select a template. The one you would like to use. You can select which folder you would like to go into like the impurity or you would click the USDA metric. So you have the same templates at on the Advanced title. So you can't define whichever template you would like to use in here. Now after another option to gets to this window is when you go on to file. Because two new you can either click on here and this will use the new, the default templates. Or you click on New and blow up this window again where you can define which template you would like to use. To open up a project. You would click on open. You can click OK. My here, or you go on file and click Open. And this will go to the workspace for this specific project. So right now, it's not really set up. Once we get to setting up the project, you will go and explain you further about the open process to open an existing file.
But basically TO pup and new file, you'd either click here or file and open. It's open up a file. And for a project to change the project you work on, you can either select the Project in here, get we're usually list all the projects you have access to. You would select the project to activate it. Or you can click here on projects. This will show you the projects you have. And if you double-click on it and then it will activate this project. Let's move to some backup default. Cross this one. Another way would be on the File tab, go and manage, and click on projects. On top here of inventor. This one is called the Quick Access Toolbar. And here you have the same options. You can start a new file, click the drop-down des. We'll use the default templates.
You can open up a new file. And if you would like to have the projects in here as well, you can click the dropdown, you can add once you click on products. Now you have to project on here as well. It's sometimes helps, especially when you work on a file and you would like to start a new file, you would not see this. The homepage. You would simply click on the top, I draw on the template or just anew to pick template. Or you would click on OK map to open up a file, an existing file for a project. If you have a file open, Let's say we work on the default project, we start a new file. As long as you haven't a file open, you can't change the project. You would have to close our fights to change the project.
6. Organization and Location: When you work in inventor, It is very important to stay organized. And that's why we have these project files. For each project, you would create a new project file. Depends on the company broken. If you're working in a bigger company and you have a database attached to, you would usually have one main project. And it will be odd setup and this product. If you work individually or in a small company, then you would create the new part that file for each project. So in here, for an inventor, It is very important to have these projects properly set up and that you use these projects correctly.
7. Overview End: K, We looked at the homepage of inventory. We looked at the different file types inventory is using. We configured our default templates. And next we have to set up our project file before we can get started to working in inventor.
8. Creating a new project: Okay, let's have a look at how to create a new project. By default, we have the default and inventory electrical project. And when we go on to a ribbon and click on projects, there will be a new…
More info about this course here